- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Evaluations for school or diagnostic purposes
- Presentations to teachers, guidance counselors, legal professionals, physicians
- School observations and recommendations
- Supervision services for all levels of mental health clinicians
I have 16 years of experience providing psychological evaluations and therapy.
I completed my Ph.D. at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, where my focus was on attachment and behavioral disorders including ADD/ADHD.
My training has been through the UNCG Psychology Clinic, the Virginia Beach City Public Schools, and a residency in play therapy in Salem, Va. I have additional training and experience in diagnosing autism, conducting forensic evaluations, and treating attachment and trauma disorders.
I am also an assistant professor of psychiatry with the Virginia Tech Carilion Medical School in Roanoke, Va.
Current areas of interest include helping individuals meet their goals for healing and personal fulfillment, enhancing individual and family strengths, and linking with community agencies to promote healthy child development.
I am married with three boys ranging in age from 1 to 15. Prior to moving to Staunton, Va., I maintained a private practice in the Roanoke area for 8 years.