- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Evaluations for school, court, or diagnostic purposes
- Parent training and coaching
- Presentations to teachers, guidance counselors, legal professionals, physicians
- School observations and recommendations
- Supervision of psychology residents
I have 16 years of experience providing psychological evaluations and therapy.
I completed my Ph.D. at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, where my focus was on attachment and behavioral disorders including ADD/ADHD.
My training has been through the UNCG Psychology Clinic, the Virginia Beach City Public Schools, and a residency in play therapy in Salem, Va. I have additional training and experience in diagnosing autism, conducting forensic evaluations, and treating attachment and trauma disorders.
Current areas of interest include enhancing individual and family strengths, creating partnerships with schools and community agencies to promote healthy child development, and assisting parents with tools to help their children thrive.
I am married with three boys. Prior to moving to Staunton, Va., I maintained a private practice in the Roanoke area for 8 years.